Are you suffering from flu? Try this rejuvenating golden latte with amazing health benefits. Turmeric is probably the most powerful herb on the planet at fighting and potentially reversing disease.
Curcumin, the chemical compound in turmeric responsible for that bright hue, is behind a whole host of the health benefits attributed to the spice.
*Note! Essential oils can be very effective for a sore throat as they kill germs, ease inflammation and speed healing. Not all essential oils are safe to ingest though so, therefore, all essential oils should be ingested with caution and for only very short periods of time. make sure the oils you use are safe and 100% pure. You can always ask for guidance from a well-educated aromatherapist.
10 health benefits of Turmeric (curcumin):
- Contains bioactive compounds with powerful medicinal properties.
- Natural anti-inflammatory compound.
- Dramatically increases the antioxidant capacity of the body.
- Boosts brain-derived neurotrophic factor, linked to improved brain function and a lower risk of brain diseases.
- Curcumin compound leads to various improvements that should lower your risk of heart disease.
- Can help prevent (and perhaps even treat) cancer.
- Could be useful in preventing and treating Alzheimer’s disease.
- Arthritis patients respond very well to curcumin supplementation.
- Studies show that curcumin has incredible benefits against depression.
- May help delay ageing and fight age-related chronic diseases.
Maca Root health benefits:
- Maca Root benefits include increased fertility in both men and women, hormone balance, a booster for the immune system, and increased energy, stamina, improved sexual function, memory, and focus.
- Help the body naturally adapt to stressors like a busy schedule, demanding job, or illness and helps with insomnia for example – “adaptogen“.
- May cure chronic fatigue and relieves depression.
- Reduction of allergies to dogs, cats, seasonal pollens, etc.
- Antioxidant booster – anti-inflammatory.
- And many other health benefits!
Toco / Rice Bran health benefits:
- Rice bran is the real nutritional powerhouse of the rice grain – the bran contains proteins, minerals, vitamins and healthy plant-based fats.
- Tocotrienols contain full-spectrum vitamin E as well as over 100 additional antioxidants.
- Consumption of tocotrienols is associated with a reduced risk of coronary heart disease.
- Good impact for cholesterol.
- Anti-inflammation – Tocotrienols control inflammatory mechanisms.
- Super Antioxidant.
- Good for eye health – Tocotrienols reduce angiogenesis, and may slow down the process of retinopathy and macular degeneration.
- Good for brain health – Tocotrienols improve carotid vascular flow and help reduce stroke-induced damages.
- Gives a creamy texture and a great taste for smoothies etc.
Ginger Root health benefits:
- Very effective in alleviating symptoms of gastrointestinal distress.
- Effective in relieving the severity of nausea and vomiting during pregnancy.
- Contains very potent anti-inflammatory compounds called gingerols.
- Anti-inflammatory effects.
- May help arthritis-related problems with your ageing knees.
- Warming on a cold day but can also help promote healthy sweating, which is often helpful during colds and cases of flu.
Cinnamon – Loaded with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
MCT-oil (Medium Chain Triglycerides) – The calories contained in MCTs are very efficiently converted into fuel for immediate use by organs and muscles – quick energy and also great for post-exercise recovery!
Essential oils – Kills bacteria, ease inflammation and speed healing.