This smoothie is good to be consumed both morning and night times to balance the sleep-wake cycle or recover from jet lag. The ingredients chosen into this smoothie is by their calming, soothing and sleep enhancing nutrient capabilities. More info after the recipe.
Walnut benefits for sleep:
- Good source of tryptophan, a sleep-enhancing amino acid (sleep-wake cycle).
- Contains also their own source of melatonin, which may help you fall a sleep faster.
Tart cherry benefits for sleep:
- Good source of melatonin.
- Reduces muscle pain.
- High potassium – helps regulate heart rate and blood pressure.
- Contains many anti-inflammatory compounds.
Banana benefits for sleep:
- Rich in magnesium and potassium, the minerals needed for quality sleep and to relax overstressed muscles.
- Contains tryptophan, that helps regulate our sleep-wake cycle.
Almond milk benefits for sleep:
- Rich in calcium, that helps the brain to produce melatonin and magnesium.
- Almonds also contain magnesium – a mineral needed for quality sleep.
Raw honey sleep benefits:
- Raw honey contributes to melatonin being released in the brain – important sleep hormone for high-quality deep sleep.